Friday, July 23

Canada blog part 2

So we're celebrating one week in Canada by staying in and having Coronas (that were on sale, 18 dollars for 12, which is equivalent to 110 norwegian kroner.) As if that is not reason enough to celebrate, we've had all sorts of events happen the last week. First of all, we've been huge on walking, which is a good sign for us. Or at least for me, Miss Lazy.
Anyway, not only is the weather fantastic, even though it's actually raining quite a bit, but we've signed the lease for our new place already. As it turns out, we did not decide to stay at La Cité, but moved on the greener pastures. Or at least, that's what we tell ourselves. Our new place is located at Club Sommet, and so far it looks great. We'll get back to how it actually turn out the moment we know ourselves.
After we signed the lease, we decided to go for a walk (!!) and ended up walking up Mont Royale. It was absolutely beautiful, and if I hadn't left my phone-cable back in a box in Norway, I'd post pictures of the view. We saw the entire city from up there, and I am still proud I managed to walk up all those stairs and not even feel it one bit after on.
Latest news; Today we drove to the States. Yes, I've now been to the United States of America.

Well, I've crossed the border, done a u-turn and gone back. We got to see the country side of Canada though, and we tried out the cuisine of the roads. Grilled cheese sandwich. Boy, was it ever tasty.
Other than that, we're still planning on doing our laundry one of these days. When we do, I'll totally write all about it.
No, seriously, we've tried the launderette in the basement and it shrunk all our clothes. I can't wait to do it again!
This weekend is going to be pretty uneventful, but on Monday...wait for it! We're getting a bank account!
So exciting. The formalities of new countries are great to blog about, surely!
By the way, if you ever go to Montreal, be sure to visit The Keg downtown. Fantastic food, great atmosphere, all in all a good night out.
We went to see Interception as well, with huge expectations, and all though it wasn't the greatest movie I've ever seen, it was well worth a visit to the Cinema for sure.
That's it for this week in Montreal, if I ever find wifi for more than a couple of minutes at a time, I'll try posting some boring pictures of what we've done as well!
Good night peoples. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave a comment...